- Taking Charge® Linguistic Coaching® Certification Program -
- Completion and approval of the Taking Charge® Linguistic Coaching® Certification Application. To download the application, click here.
- Completion of the 40-hour in-person or online course: Taking Charge® for Educators and Related Professionals - Linguistic Coaching® for learners of all ages and all abilities. Optional: four units of post-baccalaureate credit through the Office of Continuing Education at the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Completion of twelve (12) hours of individual coaching and supervision by a Certified Linguistic Coach in your area of specialization (educator, administrator, therapist, parent or caregiver, mentor, life coach, etc. For more information, click here.
- Completion of pre- and post- Reflection and Dialogue forms, over twelve (12) hours, using the eight (8) Taking Charge® Levels of Learning Competence Self-Reflection and Dialogue Forms (at the Competent Level of Learning Competence). To view a sample observation form, click here.
As a Certified Linguistic Coach, you join other experienced Linguistic Coaches committed to making a difference for all learners. In addition, we also offer consulting opportunities to coach other learners in the principles of Taking Charge® and the Linguistic Coaching® system of conversational analysis once you become a Certified Linguistic Coach.
For more information about consulting opportunities, click here.